Hire to HEAL India.
Millions of people have been cured of leprosy and yet, many struggle to get a job. Most of them are able, talented, hardworking and a lot like you -- except they don't get a chance to work and have an economically empowered future.
HEAL India is challenging these misconceptions.
Misconceptions lead to discrimination, denying people affected by leprosy the right to a job they deserve. HEAL India is helping people affected by leprosy access employment opportunities. Helping them improve their skills through workshops and training courses. Connecting them to organizations and employees. Giving them a fair chance to earn a living.
How you can help.
- Make your corporate training programme available to people affected by leprosy.
- Get your company involved, hire people affected by leprosy.
Sign the HEAL India charter to encourage inclusive
hiring policies amongst India Inc.
Educate to HEAL India.
We are reaching out to schools across India through workshops, films and information to understand leprosy. Pushing for leprosy awareness to be a part of basic school curriculum. Educating people affected by ignorance.
How you can help.
Sign up your school, youth group or organisation to be part of
HEAL India and we will be happy to provide you with the
support you need to spread awareness about leprosy.
Accept to HEAL India.
"Eliminating leprosy is the only work I have not been able to complete in my lifetime." Mahatama Gandhi
India continues to be one of the largest contributors to global leprosy cases. HEAL India is our attempt to go beyond curing leprosy to accepting people affected by leprosy. It's an attempt to cure society of its misconceptions and to raise awareness, so that people affected by leprosy are not denied their basic human rights. We will use every medium we can to get India to accept people affected by leprosy.
How you can help.
- Sign up. Stay in touch with HEAL India activities.
- Spread the word! Share a post, tweet or even a simple message. Change a perception. Change a life. HEAL India.
- Donate. The dream to see a leprosy-free India starts with you.
- Volunteer with us to HEAL India.Every hand can help HEAL India. Volunteer and help us extend our reach.
- Become a HEAL Volunteer in your neighborhood. HEAL India in your own way.
If you're afraid to get to know a person affected by leprosy, we're afraid you don't know some facts about leprosy.
- Leprosy is a nerve disease caused by a bacteria called Mycobacterium Leprae.
- 95% of the world population is naturally immune to leprosy.
- Leprosy can be fully treated and cured within 6-12 months.The stigma makes it a lifelong disease
- After the first dose of Multi Drug Therapy, a person affected by leprosy becomes completely non-infectious.
- Disability and deformity occur only when leprosy is left undiagnosed.
- Leprosy is a nerve disease caused by Mycobacterium Leprae and can be cured very easily. The stigma makes it a lifelong disease.
- India has over 700 colonies for people affected by leprosy. The need of the hour is to include them into mainstream society.
About HEAL India.
For centuries, leprosy has caused suffering, stigmatization, discrimination and violation of basic human rights. People affected by leprosy have lost jobs, family, social standing and dignity. They are shunned and left uncared for to lose body tissue, fingers and toes. This tragic alienation is happening even today when medical care can completely cure a person from the infection.
HEAL India, an initiative by The Leprosy Mission Trust India (TLMTI), is a nationwide campaign to bridge the gap between perception and reality, between fact and myth, between curing and acceptance of leprosy. HEAL stands for Hire, Educate, Accept Leprosy-affected..
About The Leprosy Mission Trust India.
Since 139 years,The Leprosy Mission has touched over 305 million people across 33 countries through over 200 programmes. In India, we have been actively working on creating a 'leprosy-free India' through our 14 hospitals across the country recognized by the Government of India as Tertiary Leprosy Referral Hospitals, 6 Vocational Training Institutes, a Media Centre, a state-of-the-art Stanley Browne Research Laboratory in New Delhi, and various community-based development projects.The Leprosy Mission Trust India works in partnership with the Government of India, NLEP, WHO and other international development organizations, for the cause of leprosy. Our various initiatives have played a key role in reducing the stigma attached to the disease and helping people affected by leprosy reintegrate into society.
Know more about how we have been working to achieve this vision.
News and Events.
Write, call, and reach out to us at:
The Leprosy Mission Trust India
16, Pandit Pant Marg,
B-13/A, Industrial Area,Gautam Budh Nagar,
Sector 62, NOIDA - 201 307
Tel.: +91-120-4077200, 2400028